Blairgowrie Rosemount (36)
The Blairgowrie Rosemount Golf Club was founded as a private members club in 1889 and is situated in the heart of the magnificent Perthshire countryside.
The Club features the renowned Rosemount and Lansdowne championship courses plus a very attractive 9-hole course which are set in heather lined avenues of pine and silver birch.
This 18 hole course is of a heathland style and measures 5696 metres from the yellow tees and has a par of 70. The maturity of the course shines through when playing here and there are a number of tiered greens. Expect larger, more undulating greens than its neighbour that are compensated for by more generous fairways. The individually unique holes allow for a testing yet rewarding game of golf which can be enjoyed by players of different strengths.
The original Lansdowne course (later to become Blairgowrie Rosemount) was designed by Dr. Alister Mackenzie, the renowned golf course architect who also designed Cypress Point, Augusta National and many others.
In 1930 the club decided to expand the facilities yet again and engaged James Braid to re-design the course to devise a new 18 hole layout with provision for a new nine hole course. For what then became the 18 hole Blairgowrie Rosemount course, Braid utilised some of the holes from the original Lansdowne course – the 17th is classic Mackenzie design – and incorporated some completely new holes. The nine hole course became the Wee Course virtually as it remains today.
Lansdowne, designed by respected partnership of Peter Allis and Dave Thomas, hosted the Scottish Amateur Championship in 2013 and PGA Championship Final in 2014, is a true championship course and a fine test of golf. It offers a more challenging test routed through swathes of pine and silver birch trees, putting a premium on accuracy from the tee. With smaller greens than its older neighbour, the Lansdowne championship course provides a challenging but pleasurable test for all levels of golfer. Designed by the respected partnership Peter Allis and Dave Thomas, it was officially opened in 1979.